As a 501(c)3 community-benefit organization, Advoz relies on support from people like you to make an impact. Our mediators, facilitators and trainers are highly trained volunteers and we welcome your own volunteer interest in the following areas:
- Mediating family and other disputes
- Facilitating restorative dialogue between crime victims and offenders (generally juveniles)
- Organizing events and trainings
Empower others to resolve disputes and to repair the harm caused in crime by becoming an Advoz volunteer!
Interns are an integral part of our work.
As an intern, you see how our unique set of programs work while also gaining many organizational skills working in a small, energetic staff team with numerous other volunteers. For maximum benefit to you and the organization, we encourage for-credit internships of 4-9 months at 10-15 hours per week, but other arrangements are not unusual. The most common internships are:
- Communications and Outreach, learning to tell the stories of our transformative programs to the wider community unfamiliar with power of mediation and restorative justice;
- Program Operations, learning to coordinate and facilitate conflict resolution and restorative justice as part of a staff and volunteer team.
Interested in learning more? Please contact us today.