Mediation is the process by which a trained third-party facilitates communication and decision making among parties to resolve current or ongoing disputes. Through a thoughtful, dialogue-based, and confidential mediation process, parties are provided with valuable opportunities to resolve conflict, dissolve misunderstanding, expel miscommunication, and reach a mutually acceptable agreement.
We have training and successful experience mediating:
- Family disputes including
- Divorce/Child Custody
- Elder Mediation
- Adult Guardianship
- Estate, trust & inheritance
- Neighborhood disputes between
- Neighbors and within neighborhoods
- Landlords and tenants
- Business and workplace disputes including
- Real estate
- Human resources
- Business transactions
- Victim/Offender of crime or other situations of harm, violation or violence, see Restorative Justice.
Our staff of trained, experienced professionals is committed to create an opportunities for all parties to tell their story, hear out the other party and work on a common solution without coercion. A majority of those who participate express satisfaction for the change that mediation makes possible.
- You experience an environment in which mediators take responsibility for the safety (physically and emotionally) to make your own choices.
- You are supported in telling your side of the story, where mediators clarify and summarize communication, neutralize negative language, identify common concerns and possible causes of conflict.
- You have an opportunity to repair damage to relationships and to emerge from the dispute feeling good about the outcome, a factor that other legal options often complicate or worsen.
- You are empowered to evaluate, clarify and make your own decision without coercion and with greatly reduced costs compared to other legal options.
All of our mediators complete 40 hours of Mediation Training along with advanced training appropriate to specific cases involving legal concerns. Advoz uses “co-mediation” in which two mediators both work for both parties.
Contact us to learn more about our mediation and training services.
Advoz does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or age. Advoz does not retaliate against persons who file a complaint about discrimination or participate in a discrimination proceeding.