We are pleased to announce a new slate of officers for our board of directors. Advoz, a Lancaster-based nonprofit providing mediation, restorative justice dialogue and conflict resolution training since 1981, recently named a slate of experienced officers to its board:
- Lucille Connors, of Lititz and CEO of Significa Benefit Services, continued in her second year as board Chairperson;
- Ken Nissley, of Lancaster and retired IT administrator and restorative justice case manager steps forward as board Vice-Chairperson;
- John Bomberger, of Millersville, retired CEO of Choice Books steps forward as board Treasurer;
- John Huber, of Lititz, retired Attorney at Gibbel Kraybill & Hess, steps forward as board Secretary.
Other members include:
- Peter Faben, Attorney at Barley Snyder LLP;
- Rob Bomberger, President at Benjamin Roberts, Ltd.;
- Marjorie Mattey, Retired healthcare services consultant;
- John Eby, Professor Emeritus of Sociology at Messiah College;
- Dawn Gamble, CPA, CGMA, CFO consultant;
- James Landis, Management Consultant at Core4;
- Barbara Spiegelberg, retired real estate professional;
- Deanna Weaver, Deputy Director at Lancaster Victim/Witness Services.
Advoz formed from the 2017 merger of Conflict Resolution Services and the Center for Community Peacemaking, both having served Lancaster County and beyond for a combined 59 years. In its most recent fiscal year, Advoz served more than 900 youth and adults involved in conflicts and crime to assist them through facilitated dialogue and education training. Demand for these services has risen 40% over the past two years, adding urgency to the work of Advoz’s board of directors to increase funding and volunteer involvement.
Advoz is one of the most active restorative justice and mediation services in Pennsylvania thanks to its partnerships in local justice system and support from volunteers and donors in the community.
Advoz staff is led by Chris Fitz, of Marietta, executive director of community engagement, and Mila Pilz, of Manheim Twp, executive director of program operations.