We are still savoring the inspiration and generosity that flowed from Around the Table, our annual event on April 19. So I wanted to share a few nuggets of inspiration with you…including a hint of the positive feedback that we heard (so far) with the “word cloud” above. If you were there, you can still add your voice to feedback on the event.
Together, speakers and guests brought a down-to-earth message of hard-won dignity, challenging dialogue and grace-filled change around our tables. Some highlights included:
- The clear innocent voices of singing children from SWAN4Kids.
- The bare honesty of Amanda Kemp’s silent pause in the interview conversation with Scott LaMar,
- The painful and forgiving experience of Janet Connor’s restorative work, having “power-WITH” youth, even in grief,
- The enthusiasm of teacher Rob Fennimore using Advoz and restorative practices in his own teaching,
- The generosity coaxing by Tim Keller and his auction team as they energized the crowd both on Advoz’s mission and support,
- The honored leadership of outgoing board president, Miles Yoder, as he passed the “talking stick”-baton to incoming president, Lucille Connors,
- The enthusiastic bidding and involvement of the audience throughout the evening.
Here are a few snips from the evening…
So the fundraising results are in, and 2018 will go down as one of Advoz’s most generous evenings yet. The gathered audience contributed nearly twice as much per person that night as in prior years, netting more than $24,000 toward Advoz’s work this year.
And please be sure to thank the many companies (below) that led this event from its inception. We look forward to inviting you again in 2019 around the table as we continue to “walk the talk” in our thriving, striving, peaceable community.
With gratitude for our 2018 Around the Table Sponsors, Supporters and Bidders, and to so many others who furthered Advoz’s reconciling work Around the Table in 2018.
Chris Fitz, Mila Pilz and the 2018 Around the Table Team